Spirit Academy
March 19, 2024, 03:39:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: YVD Sets (edited):
extract it on yvd/sets...
then u can import it in your YVD.
http://files.filefront.com/YVD_SETSrar/;7106814;/fileinfo.html

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

YU-GI-OH: DUELISTS ETTIQUETTE

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YU-GI-OH: DUELISTS ETTIQUETTE  (Read 449 times)
Bedlamite
Slifer Student

Duel Points +0/-10

You DON'T want to turn around...

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:43:32 am »

YU-GI-OH: DUELISTS ETTIQUETTE

Everyone has some idea what the term ‘Fair Play’ is, and most know as well what the word ‘Honor’ means – however, we each find it difficult to live those ideas every day. There are some situations that we will each choose the easy road over the high road, and some of us may decide that in friendly competition behavior like this is excusable. That is NOT the case however – if we can’t live those ideas here, then where do we really exhibit those ideals?

But what is ‘Fair Play’ really?

In the current context of the TCG Yu-Gi-Oh, fair play would be the performance of a duel on our end with out cheating.
-   Fair play consists of things like NOT intentionally using cards in our game decks that we know to be banned, and recognizing those that are limited.
-   Fair play would be to not try to peek at our opponent’s hand while in a live duel, and even to avert our eyes should our opponent inadvertently reveal their hand.
-   Fair play can also include not looking ahead at the cards in our deck to strategize ahead of what we would normally know.
    These are but a few examples of what we each already know as ‘Fair Play’, and most of us try to live by. There are others that I am sure we can each come up with on our own.

‘Honor’ is the hard subject for most of us though, but in regards to Yu-Gi-Oh that does NOT need to be the case. So, what is ‘Honor’ to each of us?
-   Honor would be to offer your opponent your hand before a duel in greeting.
-   Honor is to recognize that – win or loose – this is a game, and you should always treat your opponent as you’d hope to be treated.
-   Honor is to congratulate your opponent on their win, or to NOT gloat should you be the victor.

FAIR PLAY and HONOR is to be kind and courteous before, during, and after each duel toward your opponent and everyone else involved.

Here at the Spirit Academy these ideals are a standard. There is nothing to win or loose here in truth – our rewards have no true value anywhere. There is no reason what-so-ever that anyone should ever find reason to break the ideals mentioned above, and doing so only reveals to your fellow site members what kind of person you really are.

Joke, jibe, rib, tease, ect… Just Have Fun, know that your fellow site members are having fun, and IF you should happen to dampen the spirits of another – by all means, apologize. Find in yourself here the qualities you’d like most to find in your closest friend, and live those ideals here for all to see.

Do your part in making this site a welcoming place for all who visit.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

legend0922
Exodia Student

Duel Points +6/-0

CEO Legend Zero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:43:58 am »

excellent post,  bed, compleatly correct
Report Spam   Logged

Atticus_Rhodes
Admin

Duel Points +0/-6

The Guardian of the Black Flame is back!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:41:57 pm »

Yup. :) I mean, this isn't like one of those live-action tournaments that some of us go to. In fact, a lot of us just like to have fun (as we've seen with me, for those of you who have dueled me before, that is). Some people (and I'm not naming names here, just to be nice) sometimes make it seem like it's all serious, even when people make mistakes or bow out gracefully (like I did during one of my tournament duels) which makes the game not fun anymore. Let's try to remember what "Yu-Gi-Oh" actually stood for in the anime and manga (as in, the meaning throughout, not what the name means), and that was friendship. They also had a lot of honor during some of the duels, even tho there were several times that people were cheating as well.

That is all from me.
Report Spam   Logged

"Your deck is unbalanced, Yuusei. If you want to win, you must believe in the power of all cards in your deck." <-- Jack Atlus
person_27
Spirit Dorm Master

Duel Points +3/-4

lv1 judge! faith is but hopeful ignorance...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 02:15:18 pm »

honor is the main thing that concerns me, this is a "school" wich means we should follow the rules of the game to the fullest, im not trying to suck the fun away from every one or anything but thats just the way i see things...

atticus- you don't have to worry about being offensive, its fine, you have a right to you're opinions and i hope this did not comprimize our friendsihp...

-person
Report Spam   Logged

success is the sum of the positive decisions you make...
Master of Reminisce
Ra Dorm Master

Duel Points +0/-0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 01:08:37 am »

All I can say is that....

I'M BACK AND I WANNA HAVE SOME MORE FUN! :D :D :D LOL

Honor is there, still... But FUN with be the main thing I'm after..^_^
Report Spam   Logged

LOSER'S sometimes Win
Zouldyeck
Academy Headmaster/Admin/Exodia Dorm Master

Duel Points +40/-20

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:09:02 pm »

nice comments guys except for MoR hahahahahaha you suck with that thing Bri^^ hehe peace!

yeah i like to have people Dueling for Honor and for Fun as well so dont separate the two everytime you meet an opponent^^
Report Spam   Logged

We are all good in heart...
 just listen to it and you will agree with me

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Steal this | New Group | Full Size ]

Steal this | New Group | Full Size ]
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum